Like any martial art, the art of the sword brings with it a host of bumps and bruises. Made with high-quality leather and stitch construction and comes in five sizes to fit everyone.
Also see our Padded Gloves and Rigid Plate HEMA Gloves
Note: The measurements below represent the width at the widest, ‘meatiest’ part of the of the hand, not including the thumb (see photo above). Double this measurement to get the circumference around the hand.
|XS||4″ / 10 cm|
|Small||4.25″ / 11 cm|
|Medium||4.6″ / 11.5 cm|
|Large||4.75″ / 12 cm|
|XL||5″ / 12.7cm|
- Our black fencing mask is perfect for daily practice and protection against light blows
- The high-strength shell, effective shock absorption, stable performance
- Robust and durable, modern technology and excellent workmanship
- Rivet design with super soft waterproof lining
- This mask is measured according to the circumference of the head, please refer to the size chart below before ordering
How to measure for size:
Using a soft tape measure or string measure the circumference of your head, and make sure to keep it sung or else you’ll wind up with a mask that’s too large. Keep in mind, a correctly fitting mask will feel quite snug in the beginning. It is crucial that in order to protect you properly he mask fit snugly so that it does not move on your head with impact. If you have particularly thick hair you may want to go up a size to allow for comfort. As you wear it, the fabric cradle that holds the forehead and chin will as it mold to your head shape. In addition, the metal frame. fabric covered flap that extends from the top of the mask can be bent in different place to better fit your head. PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of masks fitting so close to the face they are not eligible for exchange or return.
Size Chart – by head circumference
size XS S M L XL
inches 21 21-22 23-24 25-27 28 & up
- SWEPT HILT RAPIER:
Perfect trainer for the Renaissance HEMA practitioner. Fencing in the Renaissance combines the quickness of light blades with the structure and spirit of the duel. Designed for the rapier fencer with a preference for the swept-hilt style. Also see our Cup Hilted Rapier for somewhat lighter training sword that come with its own scabbard!
Overall: 49 1/4″
Blade Length: 43″
Weight: 2lb 5oz
Blade Steel: 1566
RAPIER JACKET / FENCING DOUBLET:
- Adapted from period designs, our HEMA Fencing Doublet maintains the silhouette and principle design elements of a simple 16th century doublet, combined with the best elements of a modern fencing jacket with a specific eye towards durability, affordability and safety. The fitted body, padded shoulder roll, V-shaped hem and a high collar gives the doublet an historical line and feel, but it is made out of heavy weight 18oz 100% cotton duck, providing great durability while remaining light-weight and breathing well – crucial for a long day of fighting. The double layers in the front and neck reinforced armhole seams add to the doublet’s durability, and provide superior resistance to tearing under strain. Blunt blade penetration is made all but impossible with an offset, left side closure that zips shut with a hidden zipper, closing with velcro at the neck.While no manufacturer can guarantee a martial arts product against any and all uses, our Fencing Doublet was specifically designed to meet the closure and punch-penetration tests used by many swordsmanship groups.We recommend dry cleaning this item in order to extend its life to a maximum. If you do choose to wash your doublet – only do so in cold water by itself(colors may bleed in the wash when new) and hang to dry. Never machine dry as that is the most destructive part of modern washing. Please note: as this is made of 100% cotton it will fade over time with repeated washings.As a modern martial arts garment, we believe our fencing doublet compares favorably with other fencing jackets, while maintaining enough period aesthetics to serve as a basic “historically-based” training uniform.The ideal compliment for our Fencing Hood, Renaissance Fencing Pants and Fencing Knickers and Martial Arts Pants.
Size Chest Measurement Waist Measurement Small 40″ / 101 cm 34″ / 86 cm Medium 46″ / 96-112 cm 38″ / 96 cm Large 50″ / 127 cm 42″ / 106 cm XLarge 56″ / 142 cm 46″ / 117 cm
There are no reviews yet.